Anti-Müllerian hormone receptor
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Anti-Müllerian hormone receptor, type II|
|Locus||Chr. 12 q13|
Anti-Müllerian hormone receptor is a receptor for anti-Müllerian hormone.
The anti-Müllerian hormone receptor (Müllerian Inhibiting Substance Type II Receptor) can be responsible for persistent Müllerian duct syndrome.
Müllerian inhibiting substance type II receptor (MISIIR), also known as the Anti-Müllerian Hormone Receptor, is expressed by ovarian, breast, and prostate cancers and these cancer cells have been reported to apoptose in response to exposure to the Müllerian inhibiting substance (MIS).
Antibodies have been developed that specifically target MISIIR and may be useful as vehicles for drugs and toxins for targeted cancer therapy.
- ↑ Masiakos PT, MacLaughlin DT, Maheswaran S, Teixeira J, Fuller AF, Shah PC, Kehas DJ, Kenneally MK, Dombkowski DM, Ha TU, Preffer FI, Donahoe PK (November 1999). "Human ovarian cancer, cell lines, and primary ascites cells express the human Mullerian inhibiting substance (MIS) type II receptor, bind, and are responsive to MIS". Clinical Cancer Research. 5 (11): 3488–99. PMID 10589763.
- ↑ Yuan QA, Robinson MK, Simmons HH, Russeva M, Adams GP (March 2008). "Isolation of anti-MISIIR scFv molecules from a phage display library by cell sorter biopanning". Cancer Immunology, Immunotherapy : CII. 57 (3): 367–78. doi:10.1007/s00262-007-0376-2. PMID 17676323.
- ↑ Yuan QA, Simmons HH, Robinson MK, Russeva M, Marasco WA, Adams GP (August 2006). "Development of engineered antibodies specific for the Müllerian inhibiting substance type II receptor: a promising candidate for targeted therapy of ovarian cancer". Molecular Cancer Therapeutics. 5 (8): 2096–105. doi:10.1158/1535-7163.MCT-06-0115. PMID 16928831.
- ↑ Salhi I, Cambon-Roques S, Lamarre I, Laune D, Molina F, Pugnière M, Pourquier D, Gutowski M, Picard JY, Xavier F, Pèlegrin A, Navarro-Teulon I (May 2004). "The anti-Müllerian hormone type II receptor: insights into the binding domains recognized by a monoclonal antibody and the natural ligand". The Biochemical Journal. 379 (Pt 3): 785–93. doi:10.1042/BJ20031961. PMC 1224123. PMID 14750901.
- Anti-Mullerian+hormone+receptor at the US National Library of Medicine Medical Subject Headings (MeSH)
|File:1ten fibronectin type III.png||This article about a biochemical receptor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|