Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1
|PDB rendering based on 1s9j.|
|RNA expression pattern|
Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1, also known as MAP2K1, is a human gene.
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the dual specificity protein kinase family, which acts as a mitogen-activated protein (MAP) kinase kinase. MAP kinases, also known as extracellular signal-regulated kinases (ERKs), act as an integration point for multiple biochemical signals. This protein kinase lies upstream of MAP kinases and stimulates the enzymatic activity of MAP kinases upon wide variety of extra- and intracellular signals. As an essential component of MAP kinase signal transduction pathway, this kinase is involved in many cellular processes such as proliferation, differentiation, transcription regulation and development.
- Wu J, Michel H, Rossomando A, Haystead T, Shabanowitz J, Hunt DF, Sturgill TW. (1992). "Renaturation and partial peptide sequencing of mitogen-activated protein kinase (MAP kinase) activator from rabbit skeletal muscle". Biochem J. 285 (3): 701-5. PMID 1379797.
- Rossomando AJ, Dent P, Sturgill TW, Marshak DR. (1994). "Mitogen-activated protein kinase kinase 1 (MKK1) is negatively regulated by threonine phosphorylation". Mol Cell Biol 14 (3): 1594-602. PMID 8114697.
- Seger R, Krebs EG (1995). "The MAPK signaling cascade.". FASEB J. 9 (9): 726-35. PMID 7601337.
- Joseph AM, Kumar M, Mitra D (2005). "Nef: "necessary and enforcing factor" in HIV infection.". Curr. HIV Res. 3 (1): 87-94. PMID 15638726.
- Tanaka S, Nakamura K, Takahasi N, Suda T (2006). "Role of RANKL in physiological and pathological bone resorption and therapeutics targeting the RANKL-RANK signaling system.". Immunol. Rev. 208: 30-49. doi:10.1111/j.0105-2896.2005.00327.x. PMID 16313339.
- Stove V, Verhasselt B (2006). "Modelling thymic HIV-1 Nef effects.". Curr. HIV Res. 4 (1): 57-64. PMID 16454711.
- Galabova-Kovacs G, Kolbus A, Matzen D, et al. (2006). "ERK and beyond: insights from B-Raf and Raf-1 conditional knockouts.". Cell Cycle 5 (14): 1514-8. PMID 16861903.
Kinases: Serine/threonine-specific protein kinases (primarily EC 2.7.11)
|2.7.11||Pyruvate dehydrogenase kinase - Protein kinase A - Protein kinase G - Protein kinase C (Protein kinase Mζ) - Rhodopsin - Beta adrenergic receptor - G-protein coupled receptor kinases - Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent - Myosin light-chain) - Phosphorylase - Cyclin-dependent - Mitogen-activated (Extracellular signal-regulated, C-Jun N-terminal (MAPK8, MAPK9), P38 mitogen-activated protein) - MAP3K - GSK-3 - AMP-activated|
|2.7.12||MAP2K (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)|
|184.108.40.206, or unknown||Anti-Mullerian hormone receptor - Ataxia telangiectasia mutated - Aurora (A, B) - Mammalian target of rapamycin - Bone morphogenetic protein receptors (1, 2) - CDKL5 - c-Raf - EIF-2 - Ribosomal s6 - Protein kinase B - PDK1|