- ATP + tropomyosin ADP + O-phosphotropomyosin
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring a phosphate group to the sidechain oxygen atom of serine or threonine residues in proteins (protein-serine/threonine kinases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:tropomyosin O-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include tropomyosin kinase (phosphorylating), and STK.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- deBelle I, Mak AS (1987). "Isolation and characterization of tropomyosin kinase from chicken embryo". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 925: 17&ndash, 26. PMID 3593768.
- Montgomery K, Mak AS (1984). "In vitro phosphorylation of tropomyosin by a kinase from chicken embryo". J. Biol. Chem. 259: 5555&ndash, 60. PMID 6325440.
- Watson MH, Taneja AK, Hodges RS, Mak AS (1988). "Phosphorylation of alpha alpha- and beta beta-tropomyosin and synthetic peptide analogues". Biochemistry. 27: 4506&ndash, 12. PMID 3166994.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 90804-56-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|