Jump to navigation Jump to search
Template:Chembox E number
3D model (JSmol)
|ECHA InfoCard||Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 879: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value). Lua error in Module:Wikidata at line 879: attempt to index field 'wikibase' (a nil value).|
|Molar mass||984.18 g/mol|
Except where otherwise noted, data are given for materials in their standard state (at 25 °C [77 °F], 100 kPa).
Adrenorphin, also sometimes referred to as metorphamide, is an endogenous, C-terminally amidated, opioid octapeptide (Tyr-Gly-Gly-Phe-Met-Arg-Arg-Val-NH2) that is produced from proteolyic cleavage of proenkephalin A and is widely distributed throughout the mammalian brain. It was named based on the fact that it was originally detected in human phaeochromocytoma tumour derived from the adrenal medulla, and was subsequently found in normal human and bovine adrenal medulla as well. Adrenorphin exhibits potent opioid activity, acting as a balanced μ- and κ-opioid receptor agonist, while having no effects on δ-opioid receptors. It has analgesic and respiratory depressant effects.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Matsuo H, Miyata A, Mizuno K (1983). "Novel C-terminally amidated opioid peptide in human phaeochromocytoma tumour". Nature. 305 (5936): 721–3. PMID 6633641.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Weber E, Esch FS, Böhlen P; et al. (1983). "Metorphamide: isolation, structure, and biologic activity of an amidated opioid octapeptide from bovine brain". Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America. 80 (23): 7362–6. PMC 390055. PMID 6316361. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Sonders M, Barchas JD, Weber E (1984). "Regional distribution of metorphamide in rat and guinea pig brain". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 122 (3): 892–8. PMID 6477570. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Miyata A, Mizuno K, Minamino N, Matsuo H (1984). "Regional distribution of adrenorphin in rat brain: comparative study with PH-8P". Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications. 120 (3): 1030–6. PMID 6732783. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Miyata A, Mizuno K, Honzawa M, Tohyama M, Matsuo H (1985). "Adrenorphin immunoreactivity in rat brain". Neuropeptides. 5 (4–6): 517–20. PMID 2860609. Unknown parameter
- ↑ Xu SF, Lu WX, Zhou KR; et al. (1985). "The analgesic and respiratory depressant actions of metorphamide in mice and rabbits". Neuropeptides. 6 (2): 121–31. PMID 4000426. Unknown parameter
- Pages with script errors
- CS1 maint: Multiple names: authors list
- Pages with citations using unsupported parameters
- CS1 maint: Explicit use of et al.
- Pages with broken file links
- Chemical articles with multiple compound IDs
- Multiple chemicals in an infobox that need indexing
- Articles without EBI source
- Articles without KEGG source
- Articles without UNII source
- ECHA InfoCard ID from Wikidata
- Articles containing unverified chemical infoboxes
- Chembox image size set