Mucormycosis primary prevention
Mucormycosis may be prevented by avoiding the conditions leading to its development. If we reduce the risk factors, the chance of getting the disease is decreased significantly.
Primary Prevention for Mucormycosis
Some preventive strategies may help in decreasing the risk of infection with causative organisms of mucormycosis, such as:
- Balanced use of immunosuppressants like corticosteroids.
- Adequate control of blood glucose levels in diabetes.
- Using rooms equipped with high-efficiency particulate air (HEPA) filtration and using masks for patients with severe immunosuppression.
- Treating the underlying chronic disorder leading to debilitation of the patient.
- Using sterilized and decontaminated wound dressings in high-risk patients.