Parathyroid cancer (patient information)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Parathyroid cancer On the Web
- Parathyroid cancer is a rare disorder. The cause of parathyroid cancer has not been identified. The most common symptoms of parathyroid cancer include weight loss, muscle weakness, fractures, constipation, fatigue, and bone pain.
What are the symptoms of parathyroid cancer?
- Symptoms of parathyroid cancer are mainly caused by a high level of calcium in the blood (hypercalcemia), and may affect different parts of the body. They include:
What causes parathyroid cancer?
- The cause of parathyroid cancer has not been identified.
Who is at highest risk?
- Positive family history of the following:
- The following tests may be used to diagnose parathyroid cancer
When to seek urgent medical care?
- Treatment of parathyroid cancer includes:
Where to find medical care for parathyroid cancer?
What to expect (Outlook/Prognosis)?
- Prognosis of the parathyroid cancer depends on the stage at which it is diagnosed. Early diagnosis and treatment is associated with better prognosis.