Scleroderma risk factors
Scleroderma risk factors On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Scleroderma risk factors
Common risk factors in the development of scleroderma include occupational and environmental exposure to certain chemicals, certain genetic variations, and infectious agents. Most commonly implicated occupational and environmental risk factors are exposure to silica, chlorinated and aromatic solvents as well as welding fumes.
- Common risk factors in the development of scleroderma include occupational and environmental exposure to certain chemicals, certain genetic variations, and infectious agents.
Common Risk Factors
- Occupational and environmental exposure to:
- Genetic variations in:
- Infectious agents:
Less Common Risk Factors
Less common risk factors in the development of scleroderma include:
- Diot E, Lesire V, Guilmot JL, Metzger MD, Pilore R, Rogier S, Stadler M, Diot P, Lemarie E, Lasfargues G (August 2002). "Systemic sclerosis and occupational risk factors: a case-control study". Occup Environ Med. 59 (8): 545–9. PMC 1740346. PMID 12151611.
- Barnes J, Mayes MD (March 2012). "Epidemiology of systemic sclerosis: incidence, prevalence, survival, risk factors, malignancy, and environmental triggers". Curr Opin Rheumatol. 24 (2): 165–70. doi:10.1097/BOR.0b013e32834ff2e8. PMID 22269658.
- Dospinescu P, Jones GT, Basu N (March 2013). "Environmental risk factors in systemic sclerosis". Curr Opin Rheumatol. 25 (2): 179–83. doi:10.1097/BOR.0b013e32835cfc2d. PMID 23287382.
- Marie I, Gehanno JF, Bubenheim M, Duval-Modeste AB, Joly P, Dominique S, Bravard P, Noël D, Cailleux AF, Weber J, Lagoutte P, Benichou J, Levesque H (February 2014). "Prospective study to evaluate the association between systemic sclerosis and occupational exposure and review of the literature". Autoimmun Rev. 13 (2): 151–6. doi:10.1016/j.autrev.2013.10.002. PMID 24129037.
- "Systemic scleroderma - Genetics Home Reference".
- Radić M, Martinović Kaliterna D, Radić J (November 2010). "Infectious disease as aetiological factor in the pathogenesis of systemic sclerosis". Neth J Med. 68 (11): 348–53. PMID 21158008.
- Arnson Y, Amital H, Guiducci S, Matucci-Cerinic M, Valentini G, Barzilai O, Maya R, Shoenfeld Y (September 2009). "The role of infections in the immunopathogensis of systemic sclerosis--evidence from serological studies". Ann. N. Y. Acad. Sci. 1173: 627–32. doi:10.1111/j.1749-6632.2009.04808.x. PMID 19758208.
- De Martinis M, Ciccarelli F, Sirufo MM, Ginaldi L (2016). "An overview of environmental risk factors in systemic sclerosis". Expert Rev Clin Immunol. 12 (4): 465–78. doi:10.1586/1744666X.2016.1125782. PMID 26610037.