Encephalopathy risk factors
Encephalopathy risk factors On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Encephalopathy risk factors
Risk calculators and risk factors for Encephalopathy risk factors
Editor-In-Chief: C. Michael Gibson, M.S., M.D.  ; Associate Editor(s)-in-Chief: Aditya Govindavarjhulla, M.B.B.S. 
Elderly patients and patients with multisystem disease are at risk for the development of encephalopathy.
Most common cause of encephalopathy is metabolic cause. In this condition there will be increase in toxic substance to brain keeping the person at high risk of encephalopathy.
- Liver diseases
- Renal diseases
- Underlying brain condition's like stroke ,epilepsy
- Electrolyte abnormalities - hypernatremia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia
- Uncontrolled hypertension
- Massive trauma
|PRECIPITATING FACTORS FOR ENCEPHALOPATHY|
|Underlying Disease||Examples||Precipitating Factors|
|LIVER DISEASES||Cirrhosis, Acute Liver Failure, Budd Chiari Syndrome, Hepatoma||Dehydration, Infection, Constipation, GI Bleeding, Electrolyte Imbalance|
|RENAL DISEASES||Renal Failure, Hyponatremia||Electrolyte Imbalance, Uremia, Dialysis, Uncontrolled HTN, Thiamine Deficiency|
|DIABETES||DKA||Chronic hyperglycemia, Stress, Trauma, Infection, SGLT-2 inhibitors, Thiazide Diuretics, Acute pancreatitis|
|STROKE, EPILEPSY||Ischemic stroke, Status Epilepticus||Acute seizure, Acute stroke|
  "Metabolic encephalopathy secondary to diabetic ketoacidosis: a case report | BMC Endocrine Disorders | Full Text". Template:WH Template:WS
- ↑ Devrajani BR, Shah SZ, Devrajani T, Kumar D (2009). "Precipitating factors of hepatic encephalopathy at a tertiary care hospital Jamshoro, Hyderabad". J Pak Med Assoc. 59 (10): 683–6. PMID 19813682.
- ↑ "The seventh annual meeting of the Surgical Research Society of Southern Africa. Abstracts". S Afr J Surg. 16 (3): 201–23. 1978. PMID 33452.
- ↑ "The Epilepsies and Seizures: Hope Through Research | National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke".