Coronavirus physical examination
Coronavirus physical examination On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Coronavirus physical examination
The pathognomonic physical examination findings in patients infected with coronavirus include fever, flu-like-symptoms, cough, and body aches. General appearance of the patient infected with coronavirus depends on the incubation period of the illness.
Appearance of the Patient
- General appearance of the patient infected with coronavirus depends on the incubation period of the illness.
- Patients can appear healthy in the initial days of the contraction of the disease.
- Patients will appear sick, lethargic, and short of breath in the later stages of the disease.
- Coronavirus infection mimics the pulmonary examination findings of pneumonia, such as:
- Abdominal examination of patients infected with coronavirus is usually normal.
- MERS-CoV infection, during the 2012 outbreak, was characterized by mild abdominal tenderness in some cases.
- (PDF) https://www.cdc.gov/sars/about/fs-SARS.pdf. Missing or empty
- de Jongh TO, Thiadens HA (2011). "[Physical examination of the lungs in suspected pneumonia]". Ned Tijdschr Geneeskd (in Dutch; Flemish). 155: A2656. PMID 21329538.
- https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/mers/about/symptoms.html. Missing or empty