Chronic diarrhea epidemiology and demographics
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Chronic diarrhea Microchapters
- Ulcerative colitis
- Crohn's disease
- Lactose intolerance
- Endocrine disorders such as hyperthyroidism
- Neuroendocrine tumors such as VIPoma
- Celiac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Tropical sprue
- Clostridium difficile infection
- Ulcerating viral infections such as cytomegalovirus infection
- Invasive bacterial infections such as tuberculosis
- Neoplasias such as colorectal carcinoma
- Talley NJ, O'Keefe EA, Zinsmeister AR, Melton LJ (1992). "Prevalence of gastrointestinal symptoms in the elderly: a population-based study". Gastroenterology. 102 (3): 895–901. PMID 1537525.
- Talley NJ, Zinsmeister AR, Van Dyke C, Melton LJ (1991). "Epidemiology of colonic symptoms and the irritable bowel syndrome". Gastroenterology. 101 (4): 927–34. PMID 1889716.
- Sandler RS, Stewart WF, Liberman JN, Ricci JA, Zorich NL (2000). "Abdominal pain, bloating, and diarrhea in the United States: prevalence and impact". Dig Dis Sci. 45 (6): 1166–71. PMID 10877233.