Tetralogy of fallot history and symptoms
Tetralogy of fallot Microchapters
Tetralogy of fallot history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Tetralogy of fallot history and symptoms
Patients with tetralogy of Fallot may have a positive history of alcoholism, diabetes, Poor nutrition in mother in mother. Common symptoms of tetralogy of Fallot include sudden, marked bluish skin (tet spell), dyspnea on exertion, difficulty in feeding, failure to gain weight, failure to thrive, retarded growth and physical development, and hemoptysis.
History and Symptoms
- Alcoholism in the mother
- Diabetes in mother
- Pregnancy after the age of 40 in mother
- Poor nutrition during pregnancy in mother
- Sudden, marked bluish skin (tet spell), which may happens as a result of:
- Dyspnea on exertion
- Difficulty in feeding
- Failure to gain weight
- Failure to thrive
- Retarded growth and physical development
Less Common Symptoms
Less common symptoms of tetralogy of Fallot include
- Prolong crying
- Loss of consciousness
- "Congenital Malformations in Infants of Diabetic Mothers". QJM: An International Journal of Medicine. 1976. doi:10.1093/oxfordjournals.qjmed.a067465. ISSN 1460-2393.
- Loser, H; Majewski, F (1977). "Type and frequency of cardiac defects in embryofetal alcohol syndrome. Report of 16 cases". Heart. 39 (12): 1374–1379. doi:10.1136/hrt.39.12.1374. ISSN 1355-6037.
- S. S. Kothari (1992). "Mechanism of cyanotic spells in tetralogy of Fallot--the missing link?". International journal of cardiology. 37 (1): 1–5. doi:10.1016/0167-5273(92)90125-m. PMID 1428277. Unknown parameter
- Linde, Leonard M.; Dunn, Olive Jean; Schireson, Ruth; Rasof, Beatrice (1967). "Growth in children with congenital heart disease". The Journal of Pediatrics. 70 (3): 413–419. doi:10.1016/S0022-3476(67)80139-2. ISSN 0022-3476.