Tetralogy of fallot causes
Tetralogy of fallot Microchapters
Tetralogy of fallot causes On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Tetralogy of fallot causes
Editor-In-Chief: C. Michael Gibson, M.S., M.D. ; Associate Editors-In-Chief: Fahimeh Shojaei, M.D., Priyamvada Singh, M.B.B.S. , Keri Shafer, M.D. ; Assistant Editor-In-Chief: Kristin Feeney, B.S. 
Common causes of tetralogy of Fallot may include: Alcoholism in the mother, diabetes, pregnancy after the age of 40, rubella or other viral illnesses during pregnancy, phenylketonuria (PKU) in the mother, fetal hydantoin syndrome, and fetal carbamazepine syndrome.
Common causes of tetralogy of Fallot may include:
- Alcoholism in the mother
- Pregnancy after the age of 40
- Rubella or other viral illnesses during pregnancy
- Phenylketonuria (PKU) in the mother
- Fetal hydantoin syndrome
- Fetal carbamazepine syndrome
Less Common Causes
Less common causes of tetralogy of Fallot may include:
- Poor nutrition during pregnancy
Genetic causes of tetralogy of Fallot may include:
- There is a high incidence of chromosomal disorders in children with tetralogy of Fallot.
- Tetralogy of Fallot is associated with:
- Marinho C, Alho I, Guerra A, Rego C, Areias J, Bicho M. The methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase gene variant (C677T) as a susceptibility gene for tetralogy of Fallot. Rev Port Cardiol. Jul-Aug 2009;28(7-8):809-12.
- Lee CN, Su YN, Cheng WF, Lin MT, Wang JK, Wu MH, et al. Association of the C677T methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase mutation with congenital heart diseases. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand. Dec 2005;84(12):1134-40.