August 2004 – March 2010
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.B.S.) from Gajra Raja Medical College, Jiwaji University, Gwalior, India.
- ECFMG Certified – September 2011.
- Registered medical practitioner, Punjab Medical Council, India.
October 2012 – April 2013 at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA.
- Presently, I am a research assistant working with Dr. C. Michael Gibson. This research is a cardiovascular imaging and medical education study group known as PERFUSE Study Group. I am working on the medical textbook, WikiDoc, as a contributor/editor. I am also an author for medical content specific to my particular areas of research. In addition, there are opportunities for exposure to various aspects of clinical trials management.
January 2012 – August 2012 at SUNY Upstate Medical Center, Syracuse, NY, USA.
- Worked in Dr. D. K. Dube’s laboratory on tropomyosin isoform diversity as a research volunteer. Learned all the techniques involved in modern molecular biology for example RT-PCR, PCR, cDNA cloning, western blotting, southern blotting, and sequencing. Performed whole mount in situ hybridization using a variety of RNA probes specific to various tropomyosin isoforms. Also worked on tropomyosin expression in various human breast cancer cell lines.
April 2011 – May 2011 at SUNY Downstate and Kings County Hospital, Brooklyn, NY, USA
- Observed Dr. Shahriar Zehtabchi and Dr. Richard Sinert in Emergency Department. Also assisted residents in few surgical procedures like central venous line placements, urinary catheterizations and lumbar punctures.
May 2012 – July 2012 at City Hospital, India
- Worked as a non-academic junior resident under Dr. H. S. Dhillon. Was involved in direct in-patient and out-patient care, early morning rounds, history taking, routine checking of vital statistics, sample drawing for investigations, patient chart preparation and also assisted senior doctors with diagnosis and treatment of patients.
April 2010 – October 2011 at Babbar Heart Care Center, India
- Worked as a non-academic junior resident under Dr. K. S. Babbar. Was involved in direct in-patient and out-patient care, early morning rounds, history taking, routine checking of vital statistics, sample drawing for investigations, patient chart preparation and also assisted senior doctors with diagnosis and treatment of patients.
April 2009 – March 2010 at Gajra Raja Medical College, Gwalior, India
- I worked as an Intern in my medical college for a period of complete one year. I was posted in various departments like Internal Medicine, General Surgery, Obstetrics /Gynecology and Community Medicine. During this period, for 6 months I worked at a primary health care center in a rural village.
- Co-author in a paper entitled "Tropomyosin expression in vertebrate hearts in relation to cardiogenesis and cardiomyopathy", presented at the "3rd World Congress on Biotechnology" at Hyderabad, India on 13 September 2012.
Awards And Achievements
- Secured more than 65% aggregate in all exams conducted during medical college.
- Secured more than 70% in Anatomy, Pharmacology and Ophthalmology in medical college.
- Placed 8th in the class of 140 students during medical college.
- Topped Class XII and was awarded with a certificate for ‘Excellence in Medical Group’ for the year 2004. I also scored highest marks in Physics the same year.
- Scored highest marks in Mathematics in Class X, 2002.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Sports secretary in my final year of medical college and lawn tennis co-secretary in my pre-final year of medical college.
- Received numerous certificates, gold and silver medals in lawn tennis, football, badminton, table tennis and athletics (100m and 800m).
- Attended and participated in medical seminars regarding swine flu, polio, malaria, dengue, and tuberculosis.
- Attended CMEs (continued medical education) on various topics.
- Attended and participated in Student Workshops on ‘Trends in Oncology’ (Sponsored by the Dept. of Atomic Energy), ‘Human Genetics’ (Sponsored by the Indian Council of Medical Research) and ‘Promotion of Safe Injection Practices’.