IgA nephropathy history and symptoms
IgA nephropathy Microchapters
IgA nephropathy history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of IgA nephropathy history and symptoms
The majority of patients with IgA nephropathy are asymptomatic. Some patients with IgA nephropathy may develop intermittent gross hematuria which is often termed as synpharyngitic hematuria, because it occurs after the episodes of bacterial tonsillitis or viral URTI's. The patient may also have a positive history of flank pain, low grade fever.
History and Symptoms
- The majority of patients with IgA nephropathy may be asymptomatic.
- Intermittent gross hematuria
- Synpharyngitic hematuria
- The precipitating factors for synpharyngitic hematuria are:
- Microscopic hematuria
- Flank pain
- Low grade fever
- Mild proteinuria
Less Common Symptoms
Less common symptoms of IgA nephropathy include: 
- Acute rapidly progressive glomerulonephritis
- Galla JH (February 1995). "IgA nephropathy". Kidney Int. 47 (2): 377–87. PMID 7723227.
- Donadio JV, Grande JP (September 2002). "IgA nephropathy". N. Engl. J. Med. 347 (10): 738–48. doi:10.1056/NEJMra020109. PMID 12213946.
- Hall CL, Bradley R, Kerr A, Attoti R, Peat D (October 2004). "Clinical value of renal biopsy in patients with asymptomatic microscopic hematuria with and without low-grade proteinuria". Clin. Nephrol. 62 (4): 267–72. PMID 15524056.
- Topham PS, Harper SJ, Furness PN, Harris KP, Walls J, Feehally J (June 1994). "Glomerular disease as a cause of isolated microscopic haematuria". Q. J. Med. 87 (6): 329–35. PMID 8041865.
- Gutierrez, E.; Gonzalez, E.; Hernandez, E.; Morales, E.; Martinez, M. A.; Usera, G.; Praga, M. (2006). "Factors That Determine an Incomplete Recovery of Renal Function in Macrohematuria-Induced Acute Renal Failure of IgA Nephropathy". Clinical Journal of the American Society of Nephrology. 2 (1): 51–57. doi:10.2215/CJN.02670706. ISSN 1555-9041.