Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article needs more links to other articles to help integrate it into the encyclopedia. (June 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|External IDs||GeneCards: |
Tetraspanin-3 is a protein that in humans is encoded by the TSPAN3 gene.
The protein encoded by this gene is a member of the transmembrane 4 superfamily, also known as the tetraspanin family. Most of these members are cell-surface proteins that are characterized by the presence of four hydrophobic domains. The proteins mediate signal transduction events that play a role in the regulation of cell development, activation, growth and motility. The use of alternate polyadenylation sites has been found for this gene. Two alternative transcripts encoding different isoforms have been described.
- Berditchevski F (2002). "Complexes of tetraspanins with integrins: more than meets the eye". J. Cell Sci. 114 (Pt 23): 4143–51. PMID 11739647.
- Otsuki T, Ota T, Nishikawa T, et al. (2007). "Signal sequence and keyword trap in silico for selection of full-length human cDNAs encoding secretion or membrane proteins from oligo-capped cDNA libraries". DNA Res. 12 (2): 117–26. doi:10.1093/dnares/12.2.117. PMID 16303743.
- Rual JF, Venkatesan K, Hao T, et al. (2005). "Towards a proteome-scale map of the human protein-protein interaction network". Nature. 437 (7062): 1173–8. doi:10.1038/nature04209. PMID 16189514.
- Gerhard DS, Wagner L, Feingold EA, et al. (2004). "The status, quality, and expansion of the NIH full-length cDNA project: the Mammalian Gene Collection (MGC)". Genome Res. 14 (10B): 2121–7. doi:10.1101/gr.2596504. PMC 528928. PMID 15489334.
- Ota T, Suzuki Y, Nishikawa T, et al. (2004). "Complete sequencing and characterization of 21,243 full-length human cDNAs". Nat. Genet. 36 (1): 40–5. doi:10.1038/ng1285. PMID 14702039.
- Strausberg RL, Feingold EA, Grouse LH, et al. (2003). "Generation and initial analysis of more than 15,000 full-length human and mouse cDNA sequences". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 99 (26): 16899–903. doi:10.1073/pnas.242603899. PMC 139241. PMID 12477932.
- Todd SC, Doctor VS, Levy S (1998). "Sequences and expression of six new members of the tetraspanin/TM4SF family". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 1399 (1): 101–4. doi:10.1016/s0167-4781(98)00087-6. PMID 9714763.
- Wu YJ, Noguchi CT (1991). "Activation of globin gene expression by cDNAs from induced K562 cells. Evidence for involvement of ferritin in globin gene expression". J. Biol. Chem. 266 (26): 17566–72. PMID 1840594.
- TSPAN3 human gene location in the UCSC Genome Browser.
- TSPAN3 human gene details in the UCSC Genome Browser.
|This article on a gene on human chromosome 15 is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
- Pages with broken file links
- Articles with too few wikilinks from June 2016
- Articles with invalid date parameter in template
- All articles with too few wikilinks
- Articles covered by WikiProject Wikify from June 2016
- All articles covered by WikiProject Wikify
- Genes on human chromosome
- All stub articles
- Human chromosome 15 gene stubs