Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor, type 2|
File:PBB Protein NTRK2 image.jpg|
PDB rendering based on 1hcf.
|Symbols||NTRK2 ; GP145-TrkB; TRKB|
|External IDs||Template:OMIM5 Template:MGI HomoloGene: 4504|
|RNA expression pattern|
|File:PBB GE NTRK2 207152 at tn.png|
|File:PBB GE NTRK2 214680 at tn.png|
|File:PBB GE NTRK2 221795 at tn.png|
|More reference expression data|
|Template:GNF Ortholog box|
Neurotrophic tyrosine kinase, receptor, type 2, also known as NTRK2, is a human gene.
This gene encodes a member of the neurotrophic tyrosine receptor kinase (NTRK) family. This kinase is a membrane-bound receptor that, upon neurotrophin binding, phosphorylates itself and members of the MAPK pathway. Signalling through this kinase leads to cell differentiation. Mutations in this gene have been associated with obesity and mood disorders. Alternate transcriptional splice variants encoding different isoforms have been found for this gene.
- Yamada K, Nabeshima T (2004). "Brain-derived neurotrophic factor/TrkB signaling in memory processes". J. Pharmacol. Sci. 91 (4): 267–70. PMID 12719654.
- Soppet D, Escandon E, Maragos J; et al. (1991). "The neurotrophic factors brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 are ligands for the trkB tyrosine kinase receptor". Cell. 65 (5): 895–903. PMID 1645620.
- Squinto SP, Stitt TN, Aldrich TH; et al. (1991). "trkB encodes a functional receptor for brain-derived neurotrophic factor and neurotrophin-3 but not nerve growth factor". Cell. 65 (5): 885–93. PMID 1710174.
- Haniu M, Talvenheimo J, Le J; et al. (1995). "Extracellular domain of neurotrophin receptor trkB: disulfide structure, N-glycosylation sites, and ligand binding". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 322 (1): 256–64. doi:10.1006/abbi.1995.1460. PMID 7574684.
- Ip NY, Stitt TN, Tapley P; et al. (1993). "Similarities and differences in the way neurotrophins interact with the Trk receptors in neuronal and nonneuronal cells". Neuron. 10 (2): 137–49. PMID 7679912.
- Slaugenhaupt SA, Blumenfeld A, Liebert CB; et al. (1995). "The human gene for neurotrophic tyrosine kinase receptor type 2 (NTRK2) is located on chromosome 9 but is not the familial dysautonomia gene". Genomics. 25 (3): 730–2. PMID 7759111.
- Nakagawara A, Liu XG, Ikegaki N; et al. (1995). "Cloning and chromosomal localization of the human TRK-B tyrosine kinase receptor gene (NTRK2)". Genomics. 25 (2): 538–46. PMID 7789988.
- Shelton DL, Sutherland J, Gripp J; et al. (1995). "Human trks: molecular cloning, tissue distribution, and expression of extracellular domain immunoadhesins". J. Neurosci. 15 (1 Pt 2): 477–91. PMID 7823156.
- Allen SJ, Dawbarn D, Eckford SD; et al. (1994). "Cloning of a non-catalytic form of human trkB and distribution of messenger RNA for trkB in human brain". Neuroscience. 60 (3): 825–34. PMID 7936202.
- Rydén M, Ibáñez CF (1996). "Binding of neurotrophin-3 to p75LNGFR, TrkA, and TrkB mediated by a single functional epitope distinct from that recognized by trkC". J. Biol. Chem. 271 (10): 5623–7. PMID 8621424.
- Yamamoto M, Sobue G, Yamamoto K; et al. (1997). "Expression of mRNAs for neurotrophic factors (NGF, BDNF, NT-3, and GDNF) and their receptors (p75NGFR, trkA, trkB, and trkC) in the adult human peripheral nervous system and nonneural tissues". Neurochem. Res. 21 (8): 929–38. PMID 8895847.
- Valent A, Danglot G, Bernheim A (1997). "Mapping of the tyrosine kinase receptors trkA (NTRK1), trkB (NTRK2) and trkC(NTRK3) to human chromosomes 1q22, 9q22 and 15q25 by fluorescence in situ hybridization". Eur. J. Hum. Genet. 5 (2): 102–4. PMID 9195161.
- Haniu M, Montestruque S, Bures EJ; et al. (1997). "Interactions between brain-derived neurotrophic factor and the TRKB receptor. Identification of two ligand binding domains in soluble TRKB by affinity separation and chemical cross-linking". J. Biol. Chem. 272 (40): 25296–303. PMID 9312147.
- Nakamura T, Muraoka S, Sanokawa R, Mori N (1998). "N-Shc and Sck, two neuronally expressed Shc adapter homologs. Their differential regional expression in the brain and roles in neurotrophin and Src signaling". J. Biol. Chem. 273 (12): 6960–7. PMID 9507002.
- Hackett SF, Friedman Z, Freund J; et al. (1998). "A splice variant of trkB and brain-derived neurotrophic factor are co-expressed in retinal pigmented epithelial cells and promote differentiated characteristics". Brain Res. 789 (2): 201–12. PMID 9573364.
- Iwasaki Y, Gay B, Wada K, Koizumi S (1998). "Association of the Src family tyrosine kinase Fyn with TrkB". J. Neurochem. 71 (1): 106–11. PMID 9648856.
- Qian X, Riccio A, Zhang Y, Ginty DD (1999). "Identification and characterization of novel substrates of Trk receptors in developing neurons". Neuron. 21 (5): 1017–29. PMID 9856458.
- Bibel M, Hoppe E, Barde YA (1999). "Biochemical and functional interactions between the neurotrophin receptors trk and p75NTR". EMBO J. 18 (3): 616–22. doi:10.1093/emboj/18.3.616. PMID 9927421.
- Yamada M, Ohnishi H, Sano S; et al. (1999). "Brain-derived neurotrophic factor stimulates interactions of Shp2 with phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Grb2 in cultured cerebral cortical neurons". J. Neurochem. 73 (1): 41–9. PMID 10386953.
- Ultsch MH, Wiesmann C, Simmons LC; et al. (1999). "Crystal structures of the neurotrophin-binding domain of TrkA, TrkB and TrkC". J. Mol. Biol. 290 (1): 149–59. doi:10.1006/jmbi.1999.2816. PMID 10388563.
|This protein-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|