Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome history and symptoms
Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome Microchapters
Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome history and symptoms On the Web
American Roentgen Ray Society Images of Sinusoidal obstruction syndrome history and symptoms
Patients with sinusoidal obstruction syndrome may have a positive history of hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) or preexisting liver disease. Common symptoms of sinusoidal obstruction syndrome include tender hepatomegaly, weight gain and ascites.
History and Symptoms
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT)
- Preexisting liver disease
- Chemotherapeutic agents in non-transplant settings
- Liver transplantation
- High dose radiation therapy
- Tender hepatomegaly
- Weight gain
- Abdominal pain or distention
- Nausea and vomiting
- McDonald GB, Hinds MS, Fisher LD, Schoch HG, Wolford JL, Banaji M, Hardin BJ, Shulman HM, Clift RA (1993). "Veno-occlusive disease of the liver and multiorgan failure after bone marrow transplantation: a cohort study of 355 patients". Ann. Intern. Med. 118 (4): 255–67. PMID 8420443.
- Bearman SI (1995). "The syndrome of hepatic veno-occlusive disease after marrow transplantation". Blood. 85 (11): 3005–20. PMID 7756636.
- Richardson P, Guinan E (1999). "The pathology, diagnosis, and treatment of hepatic veno-occlusive disease: current status and novel approaches". Br. J. Haematol. 107 (3): 485–93. PMID 10583247.
- Zager RA (1994). "Acute renal failure in the setting of bone marrow transplantation". Kidney Int. 46 (5): 1443–58. PMID 7853806.