- UDP-glucose + vomilenine UDP + raucaffricine
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-glucose:vomilenine 21-O-beta-D-glucosyltransferase. This enzyme is also called UDPG:vomilenine 21-beta-D-glucosyltransferase. This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Warzecha H, Obitz P, Stockigt J (1999). "Purification, partial amino acid sequence and structure of the product of raucaffricine-O-beta-D-glucosidase from plant cell cultures of Rauwolfia serpentina". Phytochemistry. 50: 1099&ndash, 109. PMID 10234858.
- Warzecha H, Gerasimenko I, Kutchan TM, Stockigt J (2000). "Molecular cloning and functional bacterial expression of a plant glucosidase specifically involved in alkaloid biosynthesis". Phytochemistry. 54: 657&ndash, 66. PMID 10975500.
- Ruyter CM and Stockigt J (1991). "Enzymatic formation of raucaffricine, the major indole alkaloid of Rauwolfia serpentina cell-suspension cultures". Helv. Chim. Acta. 74: 1707&ndash, 1712.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|