- UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine
This enzyme belongs to the family of isomerases, specifically those racemases and epimerases acting on carbohydrates and derivatives. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-N-acetyl-D-glucosamine 4-epimerase. Other names in common use include UDP acetylglucosamine epimerase, uridine diphosphoacetylglucosamine epimerase, uridine diphosphate N-acetylglucosamine-4-epimerase, and uridine 5'-diphospho-N-acetylglucosamine-4-epimerase. This enzyme participates in aminosugars metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- GLASER L (1959). "The biosynthesis of N-acetylgalactosamine". J. Biol. Chem. 234: 2801&ndash, 5. PMID 13828347.
- Kornfeld S and Glaser L (1962). "The synthesis of thymidine-linked sugars. V. Thymidine diphosphate-amino sugars". J. Biol. Chem. 237: 3052&ndash, 3059.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9024-16-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This isomerase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|