- ATP + L-tyrosine + L-arginine AMP + diphosphate + L-tyrosyl-L-arginine
This enzyme belongs to the family of ligases, specifically those forming carbon-nitrogen bonds as acid-D-amino-acid ligases (peptide synthases). The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-tyrosine:L-arginine ligase (AMP-forming). Other names in common use include tyrosyl-arginine synthase, kyotorphin synthase, kyotorphin-synthesizing enzyme, and kyotorphin synthetase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Ueda H, Yoshihara Y, Fukushima N, Shiomi H, Nakamura A, Takagi H (1987). "Kyotorphin (tyrosine-arginine) synthetase in rat brain synaptosomes". J. Biol. Chem. 262: 8165&ndash, 73. PMID 3597366.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 116036-78-3.