- acetyl-CoA + (S)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate + H2O CoA + L-2-acetamido-6-oxoheptanedioate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:(S)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate N2-acetyltransferase. Other names in common use include tetrahydrodipicolinate acetylase, tetrahydrodipicolinate:acetyl-CoA acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:L-2,3,4,5-tetrahydrodipicolinate N2-acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:(S)-2,3,4,5-tetrahydropyridine-2,6-dicarboxylate, and 2-N-acetyltransferase. This enzyme participates in lysine biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Chatterjee SP and White PJ (1982). "Activities and regulation of the enzymes of lysine biosynthesis in a lysine-excreting strain of Bacillus megaterium". J. Gen. Microbiol. 128: 1073&ndash, 1081.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 83588-91-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|