- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + 16-hydroxytabersonine S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 16-methoxytabersonine
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:16-hydroxytabersonine 16-O-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include 11-demethyl-17-deacetylvindoline 11-methyltransferase, 11-O-demethyl-17-O-deacetylvindoline O-methyltransferase, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:11-O-demethyl-17-O-deacetylvindoline, and 11-O-methyltransferase. This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Foucher AL, McIntosh A, Douce G, Wastling J, Tait A, Turner CM (2006). "A proteomic analysis of arsenical drug resistance in Trypanosoma brucei". Proteomics. 6: 2726&ndash, 32. PMID 16526094.
- Fahn W, Laussermair E, Deus-Neumann B and Stockigt J (1985). "Late enzymes of vindoline biosynthesis S-Adenosyl-L-methionine:11-O-demethyl-17-O-deacetylvindoline 11-O-methylase and unspecific acetylesterase". Plant Cell Rep. 4: 337&ndash, 340.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 100984-95-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|