- loganin + NADPH + H+ + O2 secologanin + NADP+ + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is loganin:oxygen oxidoreductase (ring-cleaving). This enzyme participates in indole and ipecac alkaloid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Yamamoto H, Katano N, Ooi A, Inoue K (2000). "Secologanin synthase which catalyzes the oxidative cleavage of loganin into secologanin is a cytochrome P450". Phytochemistry. 53: 7&ndash, 12. PMID 10656401.
- Strack D, Matern U, Schroder J (2000). "Indole alkaloid biosynthesis in Catharanthus roseus: new enzyme activities and identification of cytochrome P450 CYP72A1 as secologanin synthase". Plant. J. 24: 797&ndash, 804. PMID 11135113.
- Yamamoto H, Katano N, Ooi Y and Inoue K (1999). "Transformation of loganin and 7-deoxyloganin into secologanin by Lonicera japonica cell suspension cultures". Phytochemistry. 50: 417&ndash, 422.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 258339-71-8.