- ATP + pyridoxal ADP + pyridoxal 5'-phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:pyridoxal 5'-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include pyridoxal kinase (phosphorylating), pyridoxal 5-phosphate-kinase, pyridoxal phosphokinase, and pyridoxine kinase. This enzyme participates in vitamin b6 metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- McCormick DB, Gregory ME and Snell EE (1961). "Pyridoxal phosphokinases. I. Assay, distribution, purification, and properties". J. Biol. Chem. 236: 2076&ndash, 2084.
- Trufanov AF and Krisanova JA (6). "Biosynthesis of pyridoxal phosphate by liver sections of rat in vitro". Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med. 22: 40&ndash, 43. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9026-42-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|