- a 5'-phosphopolynucleotide + H2O a polynucleotide + phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric monoester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is polynucleotide 5'-phosphohydrolase. This enzyme is also called 5'-polynucleotidase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Becker A, Hurwitz J (1967). "The enzymatic cleavage of phosphate termini from polynucleotides". J. Biol. Chem. 242: 936&ndash, 50. PMID 4289819.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37288-17-8.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|