- pimeloyl-CoA + NAD+ 6-carboxyhex-2-enoyl-CoA + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is pimeloyl-CoA:NAD+ oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in benzoate degradation via coa ligation.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Gallus C, Schink B (1994). "Anaerobic degradation of pimelate by newly isolated denitrifying bacteria". Microbiology. 140: 409&ndash, 16. PMID 8180704.