- 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol 3-phosphate + H2O 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol + phosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on phosphoric monoester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 1-phosphatidyl-1D-myo-inositol-3-phosphate 3-phosphohydrolase. Other names in common use include inositol-1,3-bisphosphate 3-phosphatase, inositol 1,3-bisphosphate phosphatase, inositol-polyphosphate 3-phosphatase, D-myo-inositol-1,3-bisphosphate 3-phosphohydrolase, and phosphatidyl-3-phosphate 3-phosphohydrolase. This enzyme participates in inositol phosphate metabolism and phosphatidylinositol signaling system.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Lips DL, Majerus PW (1989). "The discovery of a 3-phosphomonoesterase that hydrolyzes phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate in NIH 3T3 cells". J. Biol. Chem. 264: 19911&ndash, 5. PMID 2555336.
- Caldwell KK, Lips DL, Bansal VS, Majerus PW (1991). "Isolation and characterization of two 3-phosphatases that hydrolyze both phosphatidylinositol 3-phosphate and inositol 1,3-bisphosphate". J. Biol. Chem. 266: 18378&ndash, 86. PMID 1655747.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 124248-47-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|