- phenylacetyl-CoA + H2O + 2 quinone phenylglyoxylyl-CoA + 2 quinol
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on CH or CH2 group with a quinone or similar compound as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is phenylacetyl-CoA:quinone oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called phenylacetyl-CoA:acceptor oxidoreductase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Rhee SK, Fuchs G (1999). "Phenylacetyl-CoA:acceptor oxidoreductase, a membrane-bound molybdenum-iron-sulfur enzyme involved in anaerobic metabolism of phenylalanine in the denitrifying bacterium Thauera aromatica". Eur. J. Biochem. 262: 507&ndash, 15. PMID 10336636.
- Schneider S, Fuchs G (1998). "Phenylacetyl-CoA:acceptor oxidoreductase, a new alpha-oxidizing enzyme that produces phenylglyoxylate. Assay, membrane localization, and differential production in Thauera aromatica". Arch. Microbiol. 169: 509&ndash, 16. PMID 9575237.