- oleoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] + H2O [acyl-carrier-protein] + oleate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on thioester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is oleoyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] hydrolase. Other names in common use include acyl-[acyl-carrier-protein] hydrolase, acyl-ACP-hydrolase, acyl-acyl carrier protein hydrolase, oleoyl-ACP thioesterase, and oleoyl-acyl carrier protein thioesterase. This enzyme participates in fatty acid biosynthesis.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Ohlrogge JB, Shine WE, Stumpf PK (1978). "Fat metabolism in higher plants. Characterization of plant acyl-ACP and acyl-CoA hydrolases". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 189: 382&ndash, 91. PMID 30409.
- Shine WE, Mancha M, Stumpf PK (1976). "Fat metabolism in higher plants. The function of acyl thioesterases in the metabolism of acyl-coenzymes A and acyl-acyl carrier proteins". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 172: 110&ndash, 6. PMID 3134.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 68009-83-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|