N-acetylneuraminate 7-O(or 9-O)-acetyltransferase
- acetyl-CoA + N-acetylneuraminate CoA + N-acetyl-7-O(or 9-O)-acetylneuraminate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those acyltransferases transferring groups other than aminoacyl groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is acetyl-CoA:N-acetylneuraminate 7-O(or 9-O)-acetyltransferase. Other names in common use include N-acetylneuraminate 7(8)-O-acetyltransferase, sialate O-acetyltransferase, N-acetylneuraminate 7,8-O-acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:N-acetylneuraminate-7- or 8-O-acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:N-acetylneuraminate-7- and/or 8-O-acetyltransferase, glycoprotein 7(9)-O-acetyltransferase, acetyl-CoA:N-acetylneuraminate-9(7)-O-acetyltransferase, N-acetylneuraminate O7-(or O9-)acetyltransferase, and acetyl-CoA:N-acetylneuraminate-9(or 7)-O-acetyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Schauer R (1970). "[Biosynthesis of N-acetyl-O-acetylneuraminic acids. I. Incorporation of (14C) acetate into sections of the submaxillary salivary gland of ox and horse]". Hoppe. Seylers. Z. Physiol. Chem. 351: 595&ndash, 602. PMID 5446640.
- Schauer R (1970). "[Biosynthesis of N-acetyl-O-acetylneuraminic acids. II. Substrate and intracellular localization of bovine acetyl-coenzyme A: N-acetylneuraminate-7- and 8-O-acetyltransferase]". Hoppe. Seylers. Z. Physiol. Chem. 351: 749&ndash, 58. PMID 5425947.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9054-50-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|