- UDP-glucose + N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyldiphosphoundecaprenol UDP + beta-D-glucosyl-1,4-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyldiphosphoundecaprenol
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are UDP-glucose and N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyldiphosphoundecaprenol, whereas its two products are UDP and beta-D-glucosyl-1,4-N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyldiphosphoundecaprenol.
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-glucose:N-acetyl-D-glucosaminyldiphosphoundecaprenol 4-beta-D-glucosyltransferase. Other names in common use include UDP-D-glucose:N-acetylglucosaminyl pyrophosphorylundecaprenol, glucosyltransferase, uridine, diphosphoglucose-acetylglucosaminylpyrophosphorylundecaprenol, and glucosyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- Kumita K, Murazumi N, Araki Y, Ito E (Tokyo). "Solubilization and properties of UDP-D-glucose:N-acetylglucosaminyl pyrophosphorylundecaprenol glucosyltransferase from Bacillus coagulans AHU 1366 membranes". J. Biochem.: 985&ndash, 8. PMID 2977388. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 118731-83-2.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|