- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + 5,6,3',4'-tetrahydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 5,3',4'-trihydroxy-3,6,7-trimethoxyflavone
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are S-adenosyl methionine and 5,6,3',4'-tetrahydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone, whereas its two products are S-adenosylhomocysteine and 5,3',4'-trihydroxy-3,6,7-trimethoxyflavone.
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:3',4',5,6-tetrahydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone 6-O-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include flavonol 6-O-methyltransferase, flavonol 6-methyltransferase, 6-OMT, S-adenosyl-L-methionine:3',4',5,6-tetrahydroxy-3,7-dimethoxyflavone, and 6-O-methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- De Luca V, Ibrahim RK (1985). "Enzymatic synthesis of polymethylated flavonols in Chrysosplenium americanum. I. Partial purification and some properties of S-adenosyl-L-methionine:flavonol 3-, 6-, 7-, and 4'-O-methyltransferases". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 238: 596&ndash, 605. PMID 3994393.
- De Luca V, Ibrahim RK (1985). "Enzymatic synthesis of polymethylated flavonols in Chrysosplenium americanum. II. Substrate interaction and product inhibition studies of flavonol 3-, 6-, and 4'-O-methyltransferases". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 238: 606&ndash, 18. PMID 3994394.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 96477-60-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|