Methylglyoxal reductase (NADH-dependent)
- (R)-lactaldehyde + NAD+ methylglyoxal + NADH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is (R)-lactaldehyde:NAD+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include methylglyoxal reductase, and D-lactaldehyde dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in pyruvate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- TING SM, MILLER ON, SELLINGER OZ (1965). "THE METABOLISM OF LACTALDEHYDE. VII. THE OXIDATION OF D-LACTALDEHYDE IN RAT LIVER". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 97: 407&ndash, 15. PMID 14323585.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-16-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|