- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + phospholipid olefinic fatty acid S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + phospholipid methylene fatty acid
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:unsaturated-phospholipid methyltransferase (methenylating). This enzyme is also called unsaturated-phospholipid methyltransferase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Akamatsu Y, Law JH (1970). "Enzymatic alkylenation of phospholipid fatty acid chains by extracts of Mycobacterium phlei". J. Biol. Chem. 245: 701&ndash, 8. PMID 4313604.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37256-90-9.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|