- 2 long-chain alcohol + O2 2 long-chain aldehyde + 2 H2O
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with oxygen as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is long-chain-alcohol:oxygen oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include long-chain fatty alcohol oxidase, fatty alcohol oxidase, fatty alcohol:oxygen oxidoreductase, and long-chain fatty acid oxidase.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Moreau RA, Huang AH (1979). "Oxidation of fatty alcohol in the cotyledons of jojoba seedlings". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 194: 422&ndash, 30. PMID 36040.
- Moreau RA and Huang AHC (1981). "Enzymes of wax ester catabolism in jojoba". Methods Enzymol. 71: 804&ndash, 813.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 129430-50-8.