Lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase I
- UDP-glucose + lipopolysaccharide UDP + D-glucosyl-lipopolysaccharide
This enzyme belongs to the family of glycosyltransferases, specifically the hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-glucose:lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase. Other names in common use include UDP-glucose:lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase I, lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase, uridine diphosphate glucose:lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase, I, and uridine diphosphoglucose-lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase. This enzyme participates in lipopolysaccharide biosynthesis and glycan structures - biosynthesis 2.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Muller E, Hinckley A, Rothfield L (1972). "Studies of phospholipid-requiring bacterial enzymes. 3. Purification and properties of uridine diphosphate glucose:lipopolysaccharide glucosyltransferase I". J. Biol. Chem. 247: 2614&ndash, 22. PMID 4553445.
- Rothfield L, Osborn MJ and Horecker BL (1964). "Biosynthesis of bacterial lipopolysaccharide. II. Incorporation of glucose and galactose catalyzed by particulate and soluble enzymes in salmonella". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 2788&ndash, 2795.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9074-00-4.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|