Lactaldehyde reductase (NADPH)
- propane-1,2-diol + NADP+ L-lactaldehyde + NADPH + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is propane-1,2-diol:NADP+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include lactaldehyde (reduced nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide phosphate), reductase, NADP+-1,2-propanediol dehydrogenase, propanediol dehydrogenase, 1,2-propanediol:NADP+ oxidoreductase, and lactaldehyde reductase (NADPH).
- IUBMB entry for 18.104.22.168
- BRENDA references for 22.214.171.124 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 126.96.36.199
- PubMed Central references for 188.8.131.52
- Google Scholar references for 184.108.40.206
- GUPTA NK, ROBINSON WG (1960). "The enzymatic conversion of lactaldehyde to propanediol". J. Biol. Chem. 235: 1609&ndash, 12. PMID 13830319.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9028-43-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|