- L-lysine + 2-oxoglutarate 2-aminoadipate 6-semialdehyde + L-glutamate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically the transaminases, which transfer nitrogenous groups. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-lysine:2-oxoglutarate 6-aminotransferase. Other names in common use include lysine 6-aminotransferase, lysine epsilon-aminotransferase, lysine epsilon-transaminase, lysine:2-ketoglutarate 6-aminotransferase, L-lysine-alpha-ketoglutarate aminotransferase, and L-lysine-alpha-ketoglutarate 6-aminotransferase. This enzyme participates in lysine biosynthesis. It employs one cofactor, pyridoxal phosphate.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Soda K, Misono H, Yamamoto T (1968). "L-Lysine:alpha-ketoglutarate aminotransferase. I. Identification of a product, delta-1-piperideine-6-carboxylic acid". Biochemistry. 7: 4102&ndash, 9. PMID 5722275.
- Soda K, Misono H (1968). "L-Lysine:alpha-ketoglutarate aminotransferase. II. Purification, crystallization, and properties". Biochemistry. 7: 4110&ndash, 9. PMID 5722276.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9054-68-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|