- an L-glycol + NAD(P)+ a 2-hydroxycarbonyl compound + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is L-glycol:NAD(P)+ oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include glycol (nicotinamide adenine dinucleotide (phosphate)), dehydrogenase, L-(+)-glycol:NAD(P)+ oxidoreductase, and L-glycol:NAD(P)+ dehydrogenase.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- Bernardo A, Burgos J, Martin R (1981). "Purification and some properties of L-glycol dehydrogenase from hen's muscle". Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 659: 189&ndash, 98. PMID 7018582.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 77967-75-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|