- 3-methylbutanoyl-CoA + acceptor 3-methylbut-2-enoyl-CoA + reduced acceptor
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-CH group of donor with other acceptors. The systematic name of this enzyme class is 3-methylbutanoyl-CoA:acceptor oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include isovaleryl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase, isovaleroyl-coenzyme A dehydrogenase, and 3-methylbutanoyl-CoA:(acceptor) oxidoreductase. This enzyme participates in valine, leucine and isoleucine degradation. It employs one cofactor, FAD.
- IUBMB entry for 188.8.131.52
- BRENDA references for 184.108.40.206 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 220.127.116.11
- PubMed Central references for 18.104.22.168
- Google Scholar references for 22.214.171.124
- BACHHAWAT BK, ROBINSON WG, COON MJ (1956). "Enzymatic carboxylation of beta-hydroxyisovaleryl coenzyme A". J. Biol. Chem. 219: 539&ndash, 50. PMID 13319276.
- Ikeda Y, Tanaka K (1983). "Purification and characterization of isovaleryl coenzyme A dehydrogenase from rat liver mitochondria". J. Biol. Chem. 258: 1077&ndash, 85. PMID 6401713.
- Tanaka K, Budd MA, Efron ML, Isselbacher KJ (1966). "Isovaleric acidemia: a new genetic defect of leucine metabolism". Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U. S. A. 56: 236&ndash, 42. PMID 5229850.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37274-61-6.