- S-adenosyl-L-methionine + isoliquiritigenin S-adenosyl-L-homocysteine + 2'-O-methylisoliquiritigenin
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring one-carbon group methyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is S-adenosyl-L-methionine:isoliquiritigenin 2'-O-methyltransferase. Other names in common use include chalcone OMT, and CHMT.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Maxwell CA, Edwards R, Dixon RA (1992). "Identification, purification, and characterization of S-adenosyl-L-methionine: isoliquiritigenin 2'-O-methyltransferase from alfalfa (Medicago sativa L.)". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 293: 158&ndash, 66. PMID 1731632.
- Ichimura M, Furuno T, Takahashi T, Dixon RA, Ayabe S (1997). "Enzymic O-methylation of isoliquiritigenin and licodione in alfalfa and licorice cultures". Phytochemistry. 44: 991&ndash, 5. PMID 9055445.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 139317-14-9.
|This transferase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|