- ATP + 1D-myo-inositol 1,4,5-trisphosphate ADP + 1D-myo-inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those transferring phosphorus-containing groups (phosphotransferases) with an alcohol group as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is ATP:1D-myo-inositol-1,4,5-trisphosphate 3-phosphotransferase. Other names in common use include 1D-myo-inositol-trisphosphate 3-kinase, and Ins(1,4,5)P3 3-kinase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: inositol phosphate metabolism, calcium signaling pathway, and phosphatidylinositol signaling system. This enzyme has at least one effector, Calcium.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Hansen CA, Mah S, Williamson JR (1986). "Formation and metabolism of inositol 1,3,4,5-tetrakisphosphate in liver". J. Biol. Chem. 261: 8100&ndash, 3. PMID 3487541.
- Irvine RF, Letcher AJ, Heslop JP, Berridge MJ (1986). "The inositol tris/tetrakisphosphate pathway — demonstration of Ins(1,4,5)P3 3-kinase activity in animal tissues". Nature. 320: 631&ndash, 4. PMID 3010126.
- Irvine RF, Schell MJ (2001). "Back in the water: the return of the inositol phosphates". Nat. Rev. Mol. Cell. Biol. 2: 327&ndash, 38. PMID 11331907.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 106283-10-7.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|