Human development may refer to:
- Human development (biology)
- "Human development (psychology)" or developmental psychology
- Human development can refer to anthropological, sociological, and psychological approaches to examining human development in context
- Human development (international or economic)
- Occasionally, it may refer to more than one of the above meanings. Because each of these is an immense field of study, few if any contemporary academic discussions attempt to tackle both in a comprehensive way. More typically, psychologists will take account of biological factors in their psychological analysis, and vice versa for biologists.
- Development as in international development or sustainable development
- The Human Development Index is a comparative measure of the well-being of people in various world nations.