- UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine + glycoprotein-alpha-L-fucosyl-(1,2)-D-galactose UDP + glycoprotein-N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosaminyl-(1,3)-[alpha-L-fucosyl- (1,2)]-D-galactose
Thus, the two substrates of this enzyme are UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine and glycoprotein-alpha-L-fucosyl-(1,2)-D-galactose, whereas its 3 products are UDP, [[glycoprotein-N-acetyl-alpha-D-galactosaminyl-(1,3)-[alpha-L-fucosyl-]], and [[(1,2)]-D-galactose]].
This enzyme belongs to the family of transferases, specifically those glycosyltransferases hexosyltransferases. The systematic name of this enzyme class is UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine:glycoprotein-alpha-L-fucosyl-(1,2)-D-ga lactose 3-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyltransferase. Other names in common use include A-transferase, histo-blood group A glycosyltransferase, (Fucalpha1→2Galalpha1→3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase), UDP-GalNAc:Fucalpha1→2Galalpha1→3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, alpha-3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, blood-group substance alpha-acetyltransferase, blood-group substance A-dependent acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, fucosylgalactose acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, histo-blood group A acetylgalactosaminyltransferase, histo-blood group A transferase, UDP-N-acetyl-D-galactosamine:alpha-L-fucosyl-1,2-D-galactose, and 3-N-acetyl-D-galactosaminyltransferase. This enzyme participates in 3 metabolic pathways: the lactoseries and neolactoseries of glycosphingolipid biosynthesis, as wellas the biosynthesis of glycan structures.
As of late 2007, 19 structures have been solved for this class of enzymes, with PDB accession codes 1LZ0, 1LZI, 1R7T, 1R7V, 1R7Y, 1R81, 1WSZ, 1WT0, 1WT1, 1WT2, 1WT3, 1XZ6, 1ZHJ, 1ZI1, 1ZI3, 1ZI4, 1ZI5, 1ZJO, and 2A8W.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Kobata A, Grollman EF, Ginsburg V (1968). "An enzymic basis for blood type A in humans". Arch. Biochem. Biophys. 124: 609&ndash, 12. PMID 5661629.
- Takeya A, Hosomi O, Ishiura M (Tokyo). "Complete purification and characterization of alpha-3-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase encoded by the human blood group A gene". J. Biochem.: 360&ndash, 8. PMID 2341371. Check date values in:
- Yates AD, Feeney J, Donald AS, Watkins WM (1984). "Characterisation of a blood-group A-active tetrasaccharide synthesised by a blood-group B gene-specified glycosyltransferase". Carbohydr. Res. 130: 251&ndash, 60. PMID 6434182.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9067-69-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
- EGO entry for GO code 0004380: glycoprotein-fucosylgalactoside alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase
- AMIGO entry for GO code 0004380: glycoprotein-fucosylgalactoside alpha-N-acetylgalactosaminyltransferase
|60x45px||This enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|