- D-gluconate + NAD(P)+ 5-dehydro-D-gluconate + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is D-gluconate:NAD(P)+ 5-oxidoreductase. Other names in common use include 5-keto-D-gluconate 5-reductase, 5-keto-D-gluconate 5-reductase, 5-ketogluconate 5-reductase, 5-ketogluconate reductase, and 5-keto-D-gluconate reductase.
- IUBMB entry for 126.96.36.199
- BRENDA references for 188.8.131.52 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 184.108.40.206
- PubMed Central references for 220.127.116.11
- Google Scholar references for 18.104.22.168
- Ameyama M and Adachi O (1982). "5-Keto-D-gluconate reductase from Gluconobacter suboxydans". Methods Enzymol. 89: 198&ndash, 202.
- Foucher AL, McIntosh A, Douce G, Wastling J, Tait A, Turner CM (2006). "A proteomic analysis of arsenical drug resistance in Trypanosoma brucei". Proteomics. 6: 2726&ndash, 32. PMID 16526094.
- Okamoto K (Tokyo). "Enzymic studies on the formation of 5-ketogluconic acid by Acetobacter suboxydans. II. 5-Ketogluconate reductase". J. Biochem.: 448. Check date values in:
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9028-70-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|