Glendale Adventist Medical Center
|Glendale Adventist Medical Center |
|Place||Glendale, California, (US)|
|Affiliated University||Loma Linda University|
|See also||Hospitals in California|
Glendale Adventist Medical Center is located in the Los Angeles suburb of Glendale, California. It was founded in 1905. Glendale Adventist Medical Center is a sister institution of Loma Linda University Medical Center and is a part of the Seventh-day Adventist hospital system.
Former Glendale employee Efren Saldivar, a respiratory therapist admitted, although he later recanted this admission, to killing 50 terminally ill patients using paralytic drugs (specifically pancuronium bromide). 54 of the 171 suspicious cases investigated by police had been cremated which prevented police from conducting forensic toxicological testing on them, however six of the bodies which were exhumed were found to have the presence of a deadly chemical in their bodies. Salvidar, was fired by the hospital on March 13, 1998.
Glendale Adventist Academy
In 1907, the Glendale Sanitarium, as it was called had a one-room school in its basement.
Sometime during the 1930s, that school relocated to a building Chevy Chase and called itself Glendale Union Academy.
Eventually, GUA relocated once more to its current location on Kimlin Dr. and Academy Pl. and renamed itself Glendale Adventist Academy.