- GDP-6-deoxy-D-talose + NAD(P)+ GDP-4-dehydro-6-deoxy-D-mannose + NAD(P)H + H+
This enzyme belongs to the family of oxidoreductases, specifically those acting on the CH-OH group of donor with NAD+ or NADP+ as acceptor. The systematic name of this enzyme class is GDP-6-deoxy-D-talose:NAD(P)+ 4-oxidoreductase. This enzyme is also called guanosine diphospho-6-deoxy-D-talose dehydrogenase. This enzyme participates in fructose and mannose metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 220.127.116.11
- BRENDA references for 18.104.22.168 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 22.214.171.124
- PubMed Central references for 126.96.36.199
- Google Scholar references for 188.8.131.52
- Markovitz A (1964). "Biosynthesis of guanosine diphosphate D-rhamnose and guanosine diphosphate D-talomethylose from guanosine diphosphate alpha-D-mannose". J. Biol. Chem. 239: 2091&ndash, 2098.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 37250-66-1.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|This EC 1.1.1 enzyme-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|