- N5-acyl-L-ornithine ester + H2O N5-acyl-L-ornithine + an alcohol
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, specifically those acting on carboxylic ester bonds. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N5-acyl-L-ornithine-ester hydrolase. Other names in common use include ornithine esterase, and 5-N-acyl-L-ornithine-ester hydrolase.
- IUBMB entry for 184.108.40.206
- BRENDA references for 220.127.116.11 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 18.104.22.168
- PubMed Central references for 22.214.171.124
- Google Scholar references for 126.96.36.199
- Emery T (1976). "Fungal ornithine esterases: relationship to iron transport". Biochemistry. 15: 2723&ndash, 8. PMID 949472.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 60202-10-0.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|