- N-formyl-L-aspartate + H2O formate + L-aspartate
This enzyme belongs to the family of hydrolases, those acting on carbon-nitrogen bonds other than peptide bonds, specifically in linear amides. The systematic name of this enzyme class is N-formyl-L-aspartate amidohydrolase. This enzyme is also called formylaspartic formylase (formylase I, formylase II). This enzyme participates in histidine metabolism and glyoxylate and dicarboxylate metabolism.
- IUBMB entry for 22.214.171.124
- BRENDA references for 126.96.36.199 (Recommended.)
- PubMed references for 188.8.131.52
- PubMed Central references for 184.108.40.206
- Google Scholar references for 220.127.116.11
- Ohmura E and Hayaishi O (1957). "Enzymatic conversion of formylaspartic acid to aspartic acid". J. Biol. Chem. 227: 181&ndash, 190.
- The CAS registry number for this enzyme class is 9025-09-6.
Gene Ontology (GO) codes
|40x30px||This hydrolase article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|