European Agency for Safety and Health at Work
The European Agency for Safety and Health at Work (OSHA) was set up in 1996 in Bilbao, Spain. Its mission is to make Europe's workplaces safer, healthier and more productive. This is done by bringing together and sharing knowledge and information, to promote a culture of riskprevention.
The Agency has a dedicated staff of occupational safety and health (OSH), communication and administrative specialists. At the national level, it is represented through a network of focal points, which are usually the lead OSH bodies in the individual Member States.
- Work with governments, employers and workers themselves.
- Serve as a single reference point for OSH information, and commissions, collects and publishes new scientific research and statistics on OSH risks.
- Share good practice, and communicate information in a variety of ways to reach workers and workplaces. Publicity campaigns include the European Week for Safety and Health at Work (EW), which focuses on different themes.
- Provides information on our website, via our electronic newsletter OSHmail, and in a range of printed publications.
- Help to explain European legislation on OSH.
- Identify risks which may only be emerging, due to the fast pace of change in the workplace. The Risk Observatory collects and analyses information, keeping policymakers and OSH professionals informed, stimulating debate, and helping to shape the future of OSH prevention.
Healthy Workplace Initiaive (HWI) is a safety and health campaign that targets small businesses in EU 12, Turkey and Croatia.
EW2007 is dedicated to musculoskeletal disorders.
EW2006 is dedicated to young people to ensure a safe and healthy start to their working lives.
EW2005 focuses on the issue of noise at work, under the slogan, Stop that noise!
EW2004 focuses on the construction sector.
EW2003 is dedicated to dangerous substances.
- Latest factsheets
- Hazards and risks associated with manual handling of loads in the workplace
- Work-related neck and upper limb disorders
- Noise in figures
- Looking out for work hazards – advice for young people
- All factsheets
- Latest reports
- Noise in figures
- Promoting health and safety in European Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs)
- All reports
de:Europäische Agentur für Sicherheit und Gesundheitsschutz am Arbeitsplatz it:Agenzia europea per la sicurezza e la salute sul lavoro nl:Europees Agentschap voor de veiligheid en de gezondheid op het werk